Last week I received my first blogger award from Half of Jess. Jess bestowed upon me the “One Lovely Blog” and the “Beautiful Blogger” awards. Unlike Jess I knew you could win blogger awards but I never imagined receiving such an award so I was surprised to say the least! I started this blog as a way to track my progress but as I went along I discovered folks reading it so when that happened I was hoping someone would be inspired or motivated to challenge themselves. I will try to continue what I’ve started both for you and myself. Thanks a lot Jess for the awards I do appreciate them. I would have posted earlier but was kind of gobsmacked and didn’t know what to say 🙂
For getting these awards, I’m supposed to:
1. Thank and link to the person that presented me the award.
2. Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers.
3. Contact said bloggers and let them know they’ve won.
4. State 7 things about myself.
The 15 bloggers I’m going to award are bloggers who helped me in some way EARLY ON in my journey to losing weight or have opened my eyes to different ways of viewing things. It could have been a post or a meal or an activity and/or for most their attitude towards life. Some of them I’ve thanked before for the work they put into their blogs and some I haven’t till now.
Mish from Eating Journey
Caitlin from Healthy Tipping Point
Jenna from Eat,Live,Run
Kath from Kath Eats Real Food
Angela from Oh She Glows
Jenn from Eating Bender
Tina from Carrots ‘N’ Cake
Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking
Fatty(Elden) from Fat Cyclist
Alex of The Life and Times of a “Renaissance Ronin”
Tony from The Anti-Jared
Nicole from Prevention RD
Ash from Dancing Through Life
Kristen and Leigh from Cheap Healthy Good
Michael from Tiny House Living
And now 7 things about me:
1. Wrecked my mother’s car the first time I had it on my own…3 days after getting my insurance and a month after getting my licence. I was doing the Dukes of Hazzard drive down a gravel road. She’s wasn’t happy to say the least 🙂
2. I was a Boy Scout but rarely follow their motto “Be Prepared” as tonight would prove. I should have tried the refrigeration on my truck a week or two ago but didn’t so now that it’s warm and needed to be plugged in I had to scramble to fix it as it wasn’t working.
3. I have 2 brothers and 2 sister all younger than me. My youngest brother is getting married April 24th.
4. I’ve been sued twice. The first one I didn’t know about because I never opened my mail. Lost it in small claims court and went through financial hell for it. Almost completely out of the mess that was created. Probably by end of summer.
5. I never went to my prom.
6. I never went to my college graduation as I went tree planting and was out of the province when it was taking place. Parents didn’t like me for that either but I didn’t and still don’t feel bad about it.
7. I would rather watch something..tv or movie…that I’ve seen before than take a chance on watching something new if it doesn’t sound interesting.
That’s it that’s all. Check out the bloggers I awarded as they’re all great in their own way. Thanks again Jess!