I’ll try to make this a little shorter than my last reviews 🙂
1. CUT OUT WHITE DEATH: Just like usual it’s going well with only 6 days over the recommended sodium intake and it wasn’t over by much. This month was the first time this year I had any dessert. The only reason was because of my brother’s wedding. I was worried it may trigger my old sweet tooth habits but it hasn’t thankfully!
2. Exercise 1 HOUR/DAY for 6 days/week: Even with recurring foot problems early in the month I still managed to exercise 24 out of the 30 days of April. This level of activity should stay high or even rise with my training for a triathlon now.
3. STOP EATING OUT unless(I have a very good reason): This month I bought a meal two or three times at one of my wholesalers as I realized my day was going to run long and I wouldn’t make it home in time for my next meal. This wasn’t a big deal though as I bought things I’d buy for home except for the canned chili. Apples,bananas,sardines and chili is what I bought in a pinch. There were two other times I didn’t eat at home and they were planned and unavoidable. Those were Easter dinner at my parents and my brother’s wedding. Both of these events I ate a bit more than normal but overall wasn’t too bad. I’d say another successful month overall.
4. CLEAN MY HOUSE EVERY WEEK: Total Failure…..think that covers this challenge 🙂
5. START A SAVINGS FUND: Total Failure…..do to my brother’s wedding and my buying proper gear for running and triathlon exercise. Things are picking up business wise so hopefully as planned this month I’ll be able to start putting money away for the future.
6. STOP PLAYING ONLINE POKER: Total success as I’m never wanting to play online. Barely interested in playing live!
RESULTS SO FAR:
Things are going pretty well. I should be better with the house cleaning but other than that I think all the other challenges are going as well as I was hoping or better. With my money being spent on eating right and buying proper gear for exercising my weight loss continues to go well. I’ve had the odd week I would have hoped went better but realistically I’m losing the weight at a more than acceptable level. As of this morning I’m down approx. 65 lbs(scale wasn’t giving a consistent # this morning) meaning I dropped 14 lbs in April. I’m hoping to lose at least 13 more in May so I’ll be at or lower than the weight I ran my first HM 3 years ago. Goal for June 1st will be to weigh in at 267 lbs or less!