Good afternoon everyone! Sorry I didn’t post last night but I have a busy day today so had to do some other things. Kind of glad I waited till now to post now anyways because I would have been busting at the gut to get this post up! But let’s do a quick recap of last night’s exercise.

Last night after work I got on the newly fixed bike for a 15+ mile ride. I wanted to do the route I cut short a couple of nights before. It was so nice this time with the bike all fixed up. No chains coming off no chain rubbing on the derailleur. Just one new noise but I think I know what it was. I think when they put the front wheel back on they put it on the wrong way. So I think the noise is the bearings inside rubbing a different way. I’m going to talk to them about to be sure.
The ride itself went great till I hit the home stretch which was into the wind. I ended up riding 18.15 miles in 1:08:38 for an average speed of 15.9mph. I was pretty happy with this as for most of the ride I was averaging 17.5mph.

Ok so onto this morning. I was rushed for time so I had to run quick this morning to get my 4 mile run in before picking up my dad for his physio appointment. The first mile I always try to run quick but not too quick if you know what I mean. I usually wait till the turn around the 1/2 mile point to see how that is going. This morning it was going well as it looked like the first mile would be around 10min. The first mile was 10:03.31 When I saw that I kept telling myself to run don’t walk let’s do this thing!

My turn around point left me at 19:32.47 for 2 miles! I was feeling good but worried about my recent mental failure to keep running. Deals were going through my head but I kept saying “NO DEALS!! I’m running this today!” I know by the garmin now what my 3 mile mark was but I was watching the Garmin for my 5k time. I hit the 5k mark in 29:27 for my first sub-30 5k!

Part of me said that’s good let’s walk but again I said “NO DEALS! We can crush the 40 minute barrier for 4 miles!!!” So kept running I did. It was hard and it was tough but it was so exhilarating to see my final time for 4 miles…37:35.74 for a 9:24/mile average. Look at my last mile below….I was shocked and happy! My mile splits were the following:

More good news was found during my dad’s physio. While he was doing that I went home to shower and get ready for golf. When I was getting ready I was going to wear the same golf shorts but was thinking they’re soooo baggy. I remember I bought a pair of shorts that ended up being too small a few weeks ago so thought what the hell I’d try them. Well wouldn’t you know they fit! I had to suck my gut very,very slightly to button them but when buttoned they’re not tight or uncomfortable. The shorts were a 38. My pants when I started this journey were a very tight 46. Such a great feeling to see some other changes. I’ll post a pic tomorrow as I’m rushed for time right now.

I have to go make a quick lunch and head to the golf course right now. After that I head to poker for a big tournament tonight so I’ll see you all tomorrow night. Have a great day everyone!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to I FEEL GOOOOOOOD!

  1. lowandbhold says:

    Awesome job John! Those are GREAT splits!

  2. Wow!!! Congrats to you!!! That is a GREAT Run!!!!!!

  3. Dean says:

    Congrats on all the progress. It’s nice when we can actually tell all the work is paying off.

  4. biz319 says:

    Ha – I had to laugh at the pep talks – but they worked, right? Sometimes it is mind over matter and pushing ourselves harder than we even knew we could!

    And kick ass run! Wow – a sub 40 minute 4 miler – you rock! Don’t lose all your money playing cards! 😀

  5. Jessie says:

    Nice job on the running!! “NO DEAL” – hahaha! That’s fantastic 🙂 And congrats on your progress!!

Comments are closed.