This stretched out a little longer than planned so let’s get into it:
1. CUT OUT WHITE DEATH: This continues to go pretty well overall. However I must confess to breaking on the sugar front. Three times in May I had some sweets! Now it wasn’t a lot but I can’t claim to have avoided them this year anymore 😦 The first cave in was 14 butter toffee candies that I had from my Xmas stocking last Chrstmas. Every once in awhile I’d think I should throw them out but kept them as a battle of willpower. Holding out for 4.5 months is pretty good I think. The other 2 times I was getting my work truck repaired and I bought 3 of those peppermint patties out of those charity candy jars. All in all I think it wasn’t too bad. The biggest battle I have is with salt and as usual I had 5 days where I went over the daily recommended limit of 2300mg. 3 of those days were when I ate out with family so not bad considering only 2 days I did it on my own 🙂
2. Exercise 1 HOUR/DAY for 6 days/week: This goal has been changed twice since I started and I think I’ll change it one last time. Originally it was to walk 1hr/day and then morphed into it’s current format. In it’s current form I did not manage to do this each week as many weeks I took 2 days off. However for May I worked out 23 days and I got in 2388 minutes of exercise. This works out to an average of 539 minutes a week or 77min/day. For the 23 days I did work out it’s an average of 104min. So from now on I’m going to just push for a minimum of 6 hours/week and if it’s only over 4 or 5 days then so be it. The main thing is to get out there exercising and burning calories!
3. STOP EATING OUT unless(I have a very good reason): Continues to go well as the only time I ate out on my own this month was 5 or 6 work days but I only bought things I normally would buy when grocery shopping and didn’t have in the house at the time. When this happened I was getting tired of my smoothies so needed a break. Other than that I ate out 3 times and all were family events which are acceptable in this challenge. For any latecomers to these challenges this particular one came about because I use to eat out EVERY SINGLE MEAL and needed to curb that both for my personal and financial health!
4. CLEAN MY HOUSE EVERY WEEK: Almost total failure again but I managed to do a bit of yardwork last week and get a bunch of piled up recycling thrown out. I’m slowly coming around and maybe by the end of the year I’ll get to say I had a total success for at least one month 🙂
5. START A SAVINGS FUND: An unexpected truck repair and buying another bike kept this from happening. Till the truck repairs came up I was on pace for saving even after buying the bike but the truck repairs nixed this. June saving won’t likely occur either as a routine oil change found another big unexpected repair and some minor maintenance items. The big repair will likely cost me $1200-1500 this month while the minors will be around $3-500……oh joy 😦 lol
6. STOP PLAYING ONLINE POKER: Total success as I’m never wanting to play online. Barely interested in playing live!
RESULTS SO FAR:
Again I had another good month on the weight loss front. I’m really glad I decided to include the first 3 challenges when I started this as all three in unison are really helping me drop the weight and get healthy and fit. In 5 months I’ve managed to drop 81 lbs! Three years ago it took me 7 months to lose a similar amount. It wasn’t looking good at first but I did manage to lose at least 14lbs like I had wanted to in May. I ran the HM 1/2lb lighter than the first time! OR SO I THOUGHT as I discovered when I changed my calendar to June that 3 years ago I actually weighed probably another 5lbs lighter when I ran my first HM. Oh well just makes this year’s HM even better when I realize I was heavier this time and ran faster!
to lose at least 14 lbs again so that July 1st I weigh 249.9lbs or less. I don’t believe I’ve been that low in at least 20 years!! Also 3 years ago in my last big weight loss attempt I never got past 254lbs and I only weighed that for 2 days if I remember right. Kind of lost motivation around there….NOT THIS TIME!!!
WEEKLY WEIGH IN NUMBERS:
CW : 263.6 lbs
PW : 266.5 lbs
LTW : 2.9 lbs
LTY: 81.0 lbs