Good evening! Well its July 1st which is Canada Day here. It’s also the 1/2 way point of my year-long challenges. I’ve added some progress pictures at the end of this post. I thought I took before pictures when I started this but I can’t find them! So I’ve added before pics of me 3 years ago which would be close to what I looked like this year when I started out 13lbs heavier than these before pics. On to the review…….
1. CUT OUT WHITE DEATH: this is probably the best month so far for this challenge as I only went over my sodium intake twice. Quite a few days I was near 2300mg but did stay under. The sugar intake continues to go well as I didn’t have any sweets again. I’ve been getting all my sugar/sweet tasting food from fruit and this month…dates…oh so good but almost too good so when my last serving is eaten I’m going to avoid them for a while.
2. Exercise 6hrs minimum/week: this is obviously going very well with my hitting 20 hours some weeks. Some of those 20hrs have been golf but I do walk when I golf so it’s still exercise. My last tri is in 10 days so I imagine my training will be cut drastically as I won’t have to train for biking and swimming anymore. However I hope to keep doing them a bit for cross training.
3. STOP EATING OUT unless(I have a very good reason): except for one meal at Subway when a friend needed me to talk with I didn’t eat out this month at a restaurant. I did however eat 2 of my meals out every day I worked by picking up tuna,herring, fruit,salads,nuts and chocolate milk. These were healthy options so in a way don’t count and are things I pick up when grocery shopping. However they’re not always the cheapest option where I’ve had to buy them when on the road and part of this challenge is to both save money and eat healthier so the grade for this month? C
4. CLEAN MY HOUSE EVERY WEEK: total failure as with all the exercise and work I’ve been doing it’s usually the last thing I want to do. I’m hoping like all the other challenges I eventually get going on this and make it a normal routine but so far not going well 😦
5. START A SAVINGS FUND: this was on pace to happen this month till a couple of weeks ago. My work truck was in for an oil change when it was discovered a few things were needing repair sooner than later. So of course $2250 later the truck was fixed and the savings fund is still waiting for its first injection of cash!
6. STOP PLAYING ONLINE POKER: Total success as I’m never wanting to play online. Barely interested in playing live!
RESULTS SO FAR: Overall things continue to go well. Some things are going better than expected when I came up with these challenges last year. And of course some things are not going very well at all! The most important thing though is my health and fitness in 6 months has been going great. Like some of you pointed out….100+lbs lost and I’ve done a Half Marathon and a Triathlon in just 6 months. I’m pretty happy with things!
The last few months I’ve had certain weight goals I’ve wanted to hit(eg:break 250 for first time 19 years) but this month I don’t. I simply want to keep the weight loss going. To hit my goal weight by the end of the year I need to lose 8.1 lbs/month so that will be my goal this month. More will be icing on the cake.