These are some of the things I’m working on this year. I may add another one or two.
1. CUT OUT WHITE DEATH: when I don’t eat healthy I put the weight on no problem at all because everything I eat is
loaded with sugar and salt. The last time I was successful losing weight it was in large part by avoiding all foods that have these ingredients in excess. It’s hard to do sometimes but it’s for the best.
2. WALK 1 HOUR/DAY: This is intended to start me off slowly in the exercise arena and get me off my butt. I eventually will allow this to be a walk every other day as I intend to start running when I’m fit enough. I know based on history I can’t run everyday or my knees will kill me . So soon this challenge will be to run at least 3 days a week and walk the other 4.
3. STOP EATING OUT unless: The reason behind this is two-fold: saving money and eating healthier. Before I started
this I was eating out every day..yes EVERYDAY! Worse than that was the fact that I wasn’t making any of my meals…..NONE! So I figured on the average week I was blowing $150/week(if not more) and all on food that was not healthy at all. Both sugar and salt-laden and too much crap in general. So I obviously need to change this for my health but also for my pocketbook! So the challenge now is to not eat out at all. Unless I don’t have much of a choice like a family function or with friends(which is rare anyways). No more eating out because I’m lazy and don’t want to cook because if I eat out I’m not likely to eat as healthy and I’ll be blowing money I don’t need to blow.
4. CLEAN MY HOUSE EVERY WEEK: Okay so I’m a bachelor and this is usually not in my mind to do as I’m not a clean freak. I intend this to be a challenge where I get the house clean finally and then manage to at least keep the kitchen and bathroom clean every week and the rest of the house every other week. Yeah I know HOUSE means HOUSE and not kitchen and bathroom but I’m being realistic.
5. START A SAVINGS FUND: I’m now 41 with no retirement fund other than what the Government of Canada will give me which won’t be much. I had a good fund going in 2012 but recent vehicle repairs have nearly wiped it out. I really enjoyed having a whack of cash in my accounts so I need to restart this i 2013 🙂
6. STOP PLAYING ONLINE POKER: This is pretty much a done deal as I only play once or twice a year online. I’m leaving this up as a reminder not to fall back into this old practice.